Monday, June 30, 2008

May 24, 2008

So, my sister and I heard that R.E.M. were playing the Sasquatch Festival in Washington. They are one of my absolute favorite groups, right next to The Ramones and The Smiths. I remember camping out on the sidewalk in front of the mall at 15 to be sure and get tickets to R.E.M. opening their Green tour in Louisville, KY. Now I'm 35 and still going to see them as much as possible. What we didn't know was that the concert was 5 hours away. We thought it was just over the border. Oh well, we would have gone regardless. We were disappointed when we got there and saw just how far away we were from the stage. We couldn't afford the VIP tickets right in front, so we told ourselves that at least we were there. Then M.I.A. came on, a british alternative dance band that are great and wonderful. They then invited people from the front onto the stage. Then they invited more and more people from the audience. It was about that time that I noticed the security guards had their hands full and made my sister jump the barrier into the VIP section and I quickly followed. We then got as close to the stage as possible and endured the pit when Modest Mouse came on. A mosh pit for Modest Mouse? Really? We were the oldest people there I'm sure. Then R.E.M. finally came on and I took my sister's tiny little digital camera that takes 5 seconds to focus and shoot, and took some photos of the band. They are below. I only wished that I had one of my pro camera bodies and lenses. I would have been in heaven. Actually, I was in heaven, Michael was just a few feet from me!

















No comments: